- n the apical end of the style where deposited pollen enters the pistil
- n a symbol of disgrace or infamy
- n an external tracheal aperture in a terrestrial arthropod
- n a skin lesion that is a diagnostic sign of some disease
- And in civil society, the enormous social stigma associated with the infection hinders efforts to slow its spread.
- AIDS can kill by stigma even when lifesaving medical treatment is available.
- As chairman of the organization Lakshya Trust, he has become an AIDS activist in a country where the HIV virus is running rampant, in part due to the stigma associated with both .