squeaking : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make a high-pitched, screeching noise
- s having or making a high-pitched sound such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge
- Those tactics may be good at squeaking by in an election but they are bad if you want to lead one nation, indivisible.
- The mound was hollow and dark inside, and full of squeaking bats.
- Antic Meet, set to squeaking, creaking, honking music conducted by Composer Cage himself, was mostly satiricala spoof of social conventions, sports, the modern dance itself.
News & Articles
- Bieber Fan, Busted
For Justin Bieber, it was an average night of squeaking along in pleather high tops and an astronaut diaper, when all of a sudden, a seemingly innocent bra hit the stage. Fascinated by its...
June 11, 2013 - E! Online
- ‘...to the welfare of those in my care’
When thinking about nurses, older Americans probably imagine a woman clad in a white dress and white nylon stockings, an odd looking white cap pinned to her head, scurrying through hospital corridors with a clipboard and a ball point pen, her thick-soled white shoes squeaking faintly as she hastens from room to room. Younger Americans on the other hand, might picture a woman, or even a man for ...
June 10, 2013 - Washington Times-Herald
- Tony Clark in Kansas City Star
It would be one thing if we were squeaking out one, two or three hits a night,Clark said. "But when you get 10 hits, you're putting the ball in play and giving yourself a chance to win. We're just not getting the hits at the right time."
- Nick Foligno in Sports Network
It just popped out to me in the neutral zone when (Bobby) Holik tried to pass,said Foligno about the goal. "I picked it up and I wanted to shoot it far side to maybe get a rebound. It ended up squeaking through his arm, hit the post and...
- Joe Biden in Detroit Free Press
Those tactics may be good at squeaking by in an election, but they are very bad if you want to lead one nation, indivisible,Biden said.