- v utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs
- v confess to a punishable or reprehensible deed, usually under pressure
- s having or making a high-pitched sound such as that made by a mouse or a rusty hinge
- In climate terms, squealing may involve increased variability of the weather sudden shifts from hot temperatures to colder ones and back again.
- Everyone's thinking of either squealing or of who will squeal.
- Night after night from coast to coast last week college boys leaped and howled like Comanches under the windows of squealing coeds; by week's end, despite arrests, expulsions .
News & Articles
- 2 Arrested on Weapons Charges After Making Noise
Wilmington Police have arrested two men on weapons charges after their SUV's squealing tires attracted officers' attention.
June 21, 2013 - WBOC Salisbury
- FIRST ON WTRF.com: Overnight Chase in Belmont County Ends With Juveniles Arrested
The Barnesville Police Department responded to reports of someone squealing tires on Railroad Street, and when an officer arrived, he found smoke still lingering in the air.
June 20, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- Police chase ends in crash; 2 juveniles in custody
Two juveniles are behind bars in Belmont County after a leading police on a chase in a stolen vehicle and crashing it into a cruiser. Barnesville Police Chief Dave Norris said the incident started when police received complaints around 3:30 a.m. Thursday about tires squealing. Barnesville police determined that the vehicle in question was a stolen truck that had no taillights. Police caught up ...
June 20, 2013 - WTOV 9 Steubenville
- Mike Harmon in ESPN
I swear, and I know you'll think I'm crazy, but I'm not kidding -- one time when it [the urn] was in the car I heard somebody squealing when we was going through (Turns) 1 and 2,Harmon said. "I swear I did. I heard a noise I've never heard...
- Jim McDermott in Forbes
You're going to hear a lot of squealing from the oil companies about things that aren't true,McDermott said.
- Angie Harmon in People Magazine
As for the world their child will come into, Harmon said, "Our house sounds like a Justin Timberlake concert. From the time they get up to the moment they go to bed there is screaming and squealing. Our girls have no idea what an 'inside voice' is."