- n light soft moderately strong wood of spruce trees; used especially for timbers and millwork
- n any coniferous tree of the genus Picea
- v make neat, smart, or trim
- v dress and groom with particular care, as for a special occasion
He spruced up for the party
- s marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners
- Each stack of spruce or maple is tagged with details of the year it was cut and the specific part of the instrument in which it will be used.
- At first, local reaction was about the same as one would expect if some bowler-hatted Brit showed up at a Rio favela and proposed that he help residents spruce the place up.
- As he quietly trains on campus, Cecka is preparing the paperwork for an urban-reclamation club to spruce up the school and build goodwill to one day get university officials to .
News & Articles
- Spruce, an activewear/paddle board store at Legacy Village, to host grand-opening parties
You can find new clothes for your outdoor adventures and rent or buy a paddle board, too, at one of Legacy Village's newest shops. Spruce will have a ribbon-cutting ceremony and opening gala on Thursday, June 20.
June 18, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Spruce Up Cupboards with Lights, Decorative Knobs
Bethany Crouch spruces up the FOX40 breakroom with DIY Diva Sue Monday, adding lights and knobs to the cupboards. …
June 18, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Annville bridge replacement process begins
A car drives over Annville's Spruce Street Bridge, which is posted for a 10-ton weight limit. . PennDOT classifies the bridge as both structurally deficient and functionally obsolete.
June 18, 2013 - Lebanon Daily News
- Joe Paterno in Los Angeles Times
Penn State Coach Joe Paterno, speaking at a fundraiser a day after being treated for dehydration in a hospital, told the crowd, "Yesterday I didn't think this event was getting enough press; I decided to go to the hospital and see if I could spruce...
- Ed Gibbons in Edmonton Journal
There's nothing wrong with the ice, there's nothing wrong with the arena,said Gibbons, a Northlands board member. "If we don't need a (new) arena, this is how we can spruce up Rexall Place."
- Deval Patrick in Gov Monitor
These grants will help communities get to work on a variety of projects that will make a real difference in people's lives and our Commonwealth stronger in the long run,said Governor Patrick. "Whether they are used to spruce up homes or...