- n a large dark-red oval organ on the left side of the body between the stomach and the diaphragm; produces cells involved in immune responses
- n a feeling of resentful anger
- Once inside the body, the kala-azar protozoan invades and weakens the immune system, causing fever, weight loss, anemia and enlargement of the spleen.
- The spleen extract which he prepared to use was in high concentration.
- THE BORN-AGAIN SPLEENThough surprisingly little is known about the spleen, a small organ located beneath the left rib cage, it has at least one important function: filtering.
News & Articles
- Denver Zoo's beloved bachelor brother lion dies at 15
One of the Denver Zoo's beloved lions died Wednesday at 15 after a battle with cancer in his spleen.
June 20, 2013 - The Fort Collins Coloradoan
- Denver Zoo South African lion, Rian,15, succumbs to cancer
Rian, a 15-year-old male South African lion that had been at the Denver Zoo since 1998, died Wednesday. The lion suffered from an aggressive cancer originating in his spleen, for which he was undergoing chemotherapy treatment, according to a Wednesday news release from the Denver Zoo.
June 19, 2013 - Denver Post
- Novartis drug Jakavi® improved overall survival of myelofibrosis patients and impacted an underlying mechanism of ...
Jakavi ® reduced risk of death by 52% and sustained reductions in spleen size in new three-year COMFORT-II study data Analysis from a separate trial suggested that long-term treatment with Jakavi may stabilize ...
June 16, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Malcolm X in SportingNews.com
The first time I saw the news, it was really concerning,said Detroit Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom, Avery's former teammate. "I heard cardiac arrest. We got (to practice) and heard ruptured spleen. It's still a severe injury, but...
- Donovan in USA Today
Corey's situation is positive because his spleen was not enlarged, but he's got to get better,Donovan said. "I don't even know if it's necessarily fatigue right now. He looks really good. He looks refreshed. He's eating well. He says he...
- Chris Simms in SportingNews.com
I'm not supposed to get hit, but I guess they wanted to test the spleen, or wanted to test the space where it used to be,Simms said. "So far, it's holding up good."