- n joining or attaching by stitches
- n needlework on which you are working with needle and thread
she put her sewing back in the basket
- v fasten by sewing; do needlework
- v create (clothes) with cloth
- Sister Susie's sewing shirts for soldiers;Some soldiers send epistles, say they'd sooner sleep in thistles Than the saucy, soft, short shirts.
- The original domestic goddess is exploring new territory, endorsing sewing machines that don't have the Martha brand.
- Armed with her sewing machine, unflinching stoicism and determination, Madeeha, 37, is mending the fabric of Iraq.
- Dannii Minogue in Take 40
Mumzillas we called them.......... Following their kids around with boxes of make-up and forever sewing sequins on,Dannii said. "There are people who handle the pace and people who can't."
- Dan Cleary in MLive.com
I'm just lucky enough that it wasn't a little bit lower; half-inch or a couple centimeters below or to the right, it could be a lot worse,Cleary said. "Doc did such a thorough and diligent job sewing it up; it took a long time, but I knew...