- v fasten by sewing; do needlework
- v create (clothes) with cloth
Can the seamstress sew me a suit by next week?
- Year after year, in northern France's flat and foggy coal-mining town of Harnes, the girls of the Duhamel textile factory toiled away sewing trousers and parkas.
- From them, she learned that little girls should sew, sit up straight and speak politely; for sewing, a skill that forever eluded her, Coco substituted horseback riding.
- Sister Susie's sewing shirts for soldiers;Some soldiers send epistles, say they'd sooner sleep in thistles Than the saucy, soft, short shirts.
News & Articles
- ‘Sew’ happy at Walden School
Yet another reason that students at The Walden School in Media are sew very happy! Althea Coxe of Springfield, Naya Anand of Media, Annie Tolson of Media, Dania Maqbool of Media and Alyssa Wert of Aston proudly model their handmade skirts created in after school sewing class. In addition to dance, cooking, theater, gardening and other cool extracurricular activities, kids have the opportunity to ...
June 17, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Shirley M. Emmons, 97, resident of Melrose, an office manager
Shirley M. Emmons of Melrose, an office manager, died Wednesday at Golden Living Elmhurst Nursing Home in Melrose. She was 97. Born in Malden and raised in Everett, Ms. Emmons resided in Malden for many years before moving to Melrose 20 years ago. She worked as an office manager for a manufacturing company in Everett for several years. She liked to knit and sew, and enjoyed cats, Broadway shows ...
June 17, 2013 - Boston Herald
- CraftyStitches & The Lost Rhino Brewery of Northern Virginia Hold 2nd "Learn to Sew & Pint Party" of the Summer
With steam heating up around the sewing movement in Northern Virginia, CraftyStitches holds 2nd Learn To Sew & Pint Party in collaboration with The Lost Rhino Brewery in Ashburn (PRWeb June 14, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/SewNPint/Part2/prweb10831259.htm
June 14, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jessica Simpson in NBC 4.com
I want to tell you everything, but I have to sew my lips together,Simpson said.
- Mark Messier in Hartford Courant
I felt my career was really defined in Edmonton for the first 12 years of my career and for the 10 years I spent in New York,Messier said. "Hopefully they can sew a jersey down the middle and I can go in as both an Oiler and a Ranger."
- David Pelletier in Canada.com
In those years, my mom thought she could sew,says Pelletier. "I guess she thought, 'If Elvis Stojko's mom can do his outfit, maybe I should do yours.' She picked a colour that was supposed to be red but it turned out to be see-through...