- n someone who obtains or acquires
- a free from fear or doubt; easy in mind
- a free from danger or risk
- a not likely to fail or give way
- s immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with
- s financially sound
- Vista is secure, or at least it's securer.
- In general, it was not a year in which the older novelists made their reputations securer.
- Tom Cole in Enid News & Eagle
Let there be no doubt that America will be a safer and more secure country with a democratic and free Iraq,Cole said. "And, Iraq will be safer and securer if we are successful. The stakes are high, but the consequence of failure is too...
- Peter Hain in guardian.co.uk
Mr Hain told the house: "Tories are protesting just a bit too much. All this phoney fury is a smokescreen for the fact that they have no plan of their own to build a safer Britain. We are creating a much safer and securer Britain - pushing through...