- v attempt to anticipate or predict
- v evaluate or criticize with hindsight
- When I told my editors what Ridge said--that he was not going to "second-guess" the motivations of Ashcroft and Rumsfeld--my editors responded by asking if Ridge was backpedaling .
- We can second-guess Blackwater all we want, but the ground truth is Iraq is a shoot first and ask questions later war.
- The commission did not second-guess Corrections Commissioner Russell Oswald's decision to talk to the prisoners, but it contended that he should not have negotiated with more than .
News & Articles
- Police shoot, kill black bear in Calif. town
A state fish and wildlife official says he will not second-guess police officers' decision to shoot and kill a black bear that was running loose in a Central California coastal town.
June 5, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Dana Perino in Guardian Unlimited
The media may be free to second-guess the military decision, but his (Bush's) captains are not and they take it very seriously,Perino told reporters aboard Air Force One. "They have deliberate and measured ways to engage other traffic...