- v generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids
secrete digestive juices
- v place out of sight; keep secret
The money was secreted from his children
News & Articles
- Being Overweight Linked to Excess Stress Hormones After Eating
Overweight and obese men secrete greater amounts of stress hormones after eating, which may make them more susceptible to disease, a new observational study finds. The results were presented Saturday at The Endocrine Society's 95th Annual Meeting in San Francisco.
June 17, 2013 - Newswise
- Steroid hormone may be indicator of infant distress
During labor and delivery, infants preferentially secrete a different stress hormone than their mothers do, according to a new clinical study.
June 17, 2013 - Science Daily
- Thomas Jefferson in OpEdNews
Thomas Jefferson wrote (in his Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781) that Negroes "secrete less by the kidnies, and more by the glands of the skin, which gives them a very strong and disagreeable odour."
- John Rothman in EurekAlert (press release)
We bioengineer Listeria both to attenuate it and to cause it to secrete a tumor-specific antigen fused to a listerial protein, which makes it more effective than Listeria that just secretes the tumor antigen,Rothman said. "By doing this we...