- v hold sacred
- v declare (a dead person) to be a saint
- s marked by utter benignity; resembling or befitting an angel or saint
my sainted mother
- Before being transformed into the irradiated Sandman, Flint Marko (Thomas Haden Church), the recidivist hoodlum and murderer of Peter's sainted uncle goes all soft and .
- He recalled the sacrifices of a sainted parent, recounted the struggles of the humble voters for whom he worked night and day, acknowledged and apologized for his ultimate offense .
- The Catholic Church had not yet regulated its canonization procedure so it's hard to tell exactly when he is sainted.
News & Articles
- Don’t feel a bit bad for poor ol’ scam son
Justice has been served. At 89, frail and sick, Anthony Marshall was pushed via wheelchair into the courtroom by his despicable, sobbing wife, Charlene, aka “Miss Piggy.” The man who robbed and tormented his sainted mother, Brooke Astor, as Piggy cheered him on, arrived in blue sweatpants and floppy gray...
June 22, 2013 - New York Post
- Yo La Tengo Say Goodbye to Maxwell's with a Touching Two-Set Performance
This band does not exist without this club,singer-guitarist Ira Kaplan announced during Yo La Tengo 's final appearance at the sainted Hoboken, New Jersey locale
June 17, 2013 - Spin
- Daniel Sullivan in 680 News
Sam is by no means a sainted figure in this play,Sullivan, the director, said in an e-mail to the AP. "He's a braggart, who, like his brother Max, has a bloated sense of his own self worth; he's in complete denial of how others treat him...
- Ricardo Mayorga in Los Angeles Times
I want to apologize for disrespecting his mother and his sainted wife,Mayorga said, at one point bowing, then genuflecting in Vargas' direction. "It's just that's how I get myself mentally prepared [to fight]."
- Mike Leach in RedRaiders.com
Everybody thinks that if you run it between the tackles you need to be knighted as a sainted offense, just because you're really boring and people see it all the time,Leach said.