- n gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- n formation of masts, spars, sails, etc., on a vessel
- v arrange the outcome of by means of deceit
- v manipulate in a fraudulent manner
- v connect or secure to
- v equip with sails or masts
- For months, Wall Street has been shuddering to rumors about investigations of widespread rigging of stock prices in the tumultuous 1966 stock market.
- Fears of vote-rigging, however, are dampening the initial excitement.
- But agents have also had to respond to unique security challenges--from rigging traffic lights while Truman strolled through Washington to shielding President Jimmy Carter's .
News & Articles
- ALL Crane Affiliate Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental Wins Multiple Awards at SC&RA 2013 Conference
Dawes Rigging & Crane Rental, Inc., a member of the ALL Erection & Crane Rental Family of Companies, was honored with several awards by the Specialized Carriers & Riggi
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Trader to face trial in rate-rigging case
A British court has ruled that a former Citibank and UBS trader will face trial on conspiracy charges in the rigging of a key loan rate. Trader Tom Hayes appeared in Westminster Magistrates Court on Thursday ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Contractor pleads guilty to bid-rigging, bribery at Orleans Parish Prison
Mike Perlstein / Eyewitness News Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @mperlstein NEW ORLEANS - A local contractor pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday in the bid-rigging and bribery scheme at Orleans Parish Prison. Richard Molenaar III, whose companies did air-conditioning and mechanical work at the jail complex, pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit bribery. U.S ...
June 19, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- Nawaz Sharif in USA Today
Sharif warned that if the election result is rigged, the opposition would launch a nationwide protest movement "from which those rigging it will not be able to escape."
- Pervez Musharraf in International Herald Tribune
We haven't even gone for elections and they are talking of rigging and everything,Musharraf told CNN last weekend. "This is a clear indication of their preparation for defeat. Now when they lose, they'll have a good rationale, that it is...
- Robert Mugabe in Africasia
We are not in the habit of rigging ...... We don't rig elections. I cannot sleep with my conscience if I have rigged,the 84-year-old Mugabe said as he cast his ballot in the capital Harare.