- n the person who plays that position on a football team
the right tackle is a straight A student
- n gear consisting of ropes etc. supporting a ship's masts and sails
- n gear used in fishing
- n (American football) a position on the line of scrimmage
it takes a big man to play tackle
- n (American football) grasping an opposing player with the intention of stopping by throwing to the ground
- v accept as a challenge
I'll tackle this difficult task
- v put a harness
- v seize and throw down an opponent player, who usually carries the ball
- The heaviest position, offensive tackle, has gone from 281 pounds two decades ago to 318 pounds today.
- Participants can tackle all the deserts or just one if they choose.
- It is slotted to accommodate one of 13 cookie-size plastic records, each bearing on one side a recording of a play (long pass or off-tackle run, for example) and on the other a .
News & Articles
- Crews tackle small wildfire northwest of Flagstaff
Forest officials have shut down a popular lava tube cave near Flagstaff as crews tackle a small wildfire burning in the area.
June 16, 2013 - CBS 5 Phoenix
- Petaluma council to tackle fireworks sales, planning picks Monday
Petaluma City Council members will tackle a half-dozen potentially thorny issues at their meeting Monday night, including adding another day of fireworks sales in July.
June 15, 2013 - The Santa Rosa Press Democrat
- MU tackle Chris Freeman leaves Tigers’ football team
Missouri junior offensive tackle Chris Freeman has left the Tigers’ football team for personal reasons. Freeman, who is listed at 6 feet 8 and 335 pounds, briefly left the team during preseason camp last August, but returned after a few days. He appeared in only two games last season.
June 13, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- Edward Kennedy in Reuters
I am deeply grateful to the people of Massachusetts and to my friends, colleagues and so many others across the country and around the world who have expressed their support and good wishes as I tackle this new and unexpected health challenge,...
- Bruce Springsteen in Washington Post
Obama "has the depth, the reflectiveness, and the resilience to be our next President. He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years, a generous nation with a citizenry willing to tackle nuanced and complex problems, a...
- Mike Utley in CNN International
I'm sorry this young man got hurt,Utley told The AP. "It wasn't a cheap shot. It was a great form tackle and that's it."