- v steal goods; take as spoils
- v go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way
Who rifled through my desk drawers?
- a of a firearm; having rifling or internal spiral grooves inside the barrel
- Not long after the accident, a TV reporter beat him to the mailbox and rifled through his letters until neighbors chased her away.
- After forcing the employees to open the vault, the robbers rifled trays of uncut gems and antique Indian jewelry, strewing less valuable items on the floor.
- Many young listeners discovered LPs after they rifled through their parents' collections looking for oldies and found that they liked the warmer sound quality of records, the more .
News & Articles
- Tacoma man sentenced to 37 years in fatal 2011 shooting
Angel Davis barely could contain her fury Friday in a Pierce County courtroom. Barely 10 feet away sat Anthony Tyrone Clark, the man who shot her beloved nephew, Devondre Davis, to death almost two years ago, rifled the 16-year-old’s pockets for drugs and then stuffed his body into a garbage can.
June 15, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- Cops: South Seattle man stole checks from mailboxes
A south Seattle man who police said rifled through mailboxes and stole checks, has been charged with trafficking stolen property, forgery, and drug possession dating back to last November. Shaun Luzama, 39, allegedly stole checks from the mail, forged names and the dates, and stole thousands of dollars from people throughout south Seattle. Checks from a church, a car wash, and other private ...
June 14, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- Red Devil Revel: Ridge boys are kings of lacrosse after 8-7 win in TOC final
BERNARDS TWP . – By the time Alex Gaydos weaved a path down the left goal line, curved away from a defender in front of the net and rifled home the goal that put Ridge High School up by three with less than three minutes remaining, no one imagined that the Tournament of Champions title might still come down to one final frantic scrum.
June 14, 2013 - The Bernardsville News
- Lleyton Hewitt in International Herald Tribune
After the injury break, I still felt like I was moving him around the court and coming up with some decent shots,said Hewitt. "There was one backhand he rifled up the line ...... if he had that bad a groin, I don't know how he would have...
- Jeff Banks in Scotsman
On Moss's input into her range, which goes on sale next month, Banks said: "I'll bet she just grabbed one of her many Prada bags, rifled through her wardrobe ...... and turned up at Topshop's head office in Oxford Street for a quick hour's briefing...