- v make a copy or equivalent of
reproduce the painting
- v have offspring or produce more individuals of a given animal or plant
- v recreate a sound, image, idea, mood, atmosphere, etc.
this DVD player reproduces the sound of the piano very well
He reproduced the feeling of sadness in the portrait
- v repeat after memorization
- Permission is granted to reproduce the material contained herein on the condition that such material be reproduced only for classroom use; be provided to students, teachers and .
- One of the highlights of Ive's year: consulting with candymakers about how to reproduce the iMac's translucent casing.
- Research to be published November in the journal Nature Medicine suggests that at least one area of the adult brain can reproduce and generate new cells, even after death.
News & Articles
- Watch 6 Wondrous Clouds Float Inside Museum Walls
Like a magician, Berndnaut Smilde conjures up miniature indoor clouds. Anyone who has tried drawing or painting clouds knows that they’re incredibly difficult to reproduce in pictorial form. Well, that can’t actually be tougher than making them, right? In the last few years, artist Berndnaut Smilde has made a name for himself as a sculptor of clouds. His Nimbus series captures the fleeting ...
June 18, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- The Great Business Book Purge
I just dumped (and donated) 300 books. But the rest you'll have to pry from my cold, dead fingers. Two weeks ago, I dumped more than 300 business books. “Dumped” sounds harsh. The purge wasn’t as bloody as all that. Many were unbound galleys stamped with dire warnings not to quote, reproduce, or distribute. I’m very cautious about such matters (in accordance with the FBI’s no-exhibition rule I ...
June 18, 2013 - Inc Magazine
- Chattanoogan.com - Chattanooga's source for breaking local news
More than three-fourths of the world’s flowering plants rely on the help of pollinators to reproduce. One out of three bites of food can be attributed to these important creatures – such as bees, butterflies, moths, birds, beetles, bats, and a few other small mammals.
June 17, 2013 - The Chattanoogan
- Andre Bauer in Free Times
You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply,Bauer said, according to The Greenville News. "They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to...
- Nicolas Sarkozy in Telegraph.co.uk
The problem is not about spending more, but putting in place a system of regulation so that the economic and financial catastrophe that the world is seeing does not reproduce itself,Mr Sarkozy said.
- Gareth Southgate in BBC Sport
His goalscoring record in Holland in particular but in Sweden too has been prolific. We hope he will reproduce that sort of form for us in the Premier League,added Southgate.