- n the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
- n the act of receiving
- n an acknowledgment (usually tangible) that payment has been made
- v report the receipt of
- v mark or stamp as paid
- Payroll-tax receipts generally hold up much better in recessions than do income taxes, but job losses have been so severe that the CBO expects them to decline slightly from 2008 .
- Secretary Mellon had predicted that the surplus of receipts over expenditures would be about $405,000,000.
- In 2000 receipts totaled $119 billion, which equals $143 million in 2007 dollars.
News & Articles
- Voters will decide on gross receipts tax increase
SILVER CITY — Voters will decide if they want to approve a quarter of a percent increase in gross receipts tax, which would be used to fund a variety of community projects, after the Grant County Commission approved a resolution at its Thursday meeting calling for a special mail-in election on the measure.
June 14, 2013 - Silver City Sun-News
- Bona Film Group to Present at the Deutsche Bank Depositary Receipts Virtual Investor Conference on June 19, 2013
Bona Film Group to Present at the Deutsche Bank Depositary Receipts Virtual Investor Conference on June 19, 2013
June 13, 2013 - CNW Group via Yahoo! Finance
- Receipts Beat Estimates
Just this week, the state controller’s office said monthly cash receipts beat estimates by 12.4 percent, or nearly $800 million. And advocates said they would seek more money for the courts if revenues continue to beat projections.
June 12, 2013 - Metropolitan News-Enterprise