- n the manner in which something is greeted
she did not expect the cold reception she received from her superiors
- n a formal party of people; as after a wedding
- n quality or fidelity of a received broadcast
- n the act of receiving
- n (American football) the act of catching a pass in football
the tight end made a great reception on the 20 yard line
- Vice President Biden attends a reception for the National Energy Summit and International Dialogue at the Department of State; 7:05 pm; President Obama and Michelle Obama host a .
- The reception commemorates the 50th anniversary of His Holiness the Dalai Lama's flight from Tibet and arrival into freedom in exile.
- Stateless Reception The Diplomatic Corps, which hugely enjoys its annual state reception, would have been shocked if the President and First Lady had received them as.
News & Articles
- Reception planned for Ugandan visitor
A reception is planned for Milton Tusingwire, who is visiting Ottawa this week from his native Uganda, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, June 13, at First Presbyterian Church, 114 E. Jefferson St., Ottawa. Tusingwire is in town to
June 12, 2013 - The Ottawa Times
- Beyond the buffet: Reception food options fit themes, atmosphere, budgets
The best wedding reception foods delight both the bridal couple and their guests. The couple must decide how their reception food fits their theme, activities and atmosphere. Some options:
June 11, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- June 12: Retirment Reception for Pam Bumpas
A retirement reception for Pam Bumpas is scheduled for Wednesday, June 12, at Willow Springs Lounge from 3-5 p.m. Please join us to thank her for her dedicated service to EWU and wish her a fond farewell as she leaves to spend time with family and friends, watch classic films by Orson Welles and Bette [...]
June 11, 2013 - The Easterner