- n a soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot
- Torrential rains turned much of Zare's mineral-rich Shaba region (formerly Katanga province) into a knee-deep quagmire last week.
News & Articles
- Arena Management Fee Key to Phoenix Coyotes Future in Arizona
The quagmire that is the Phoenix Coyotes could become deeper. This four-year saga of franchise instability continues with no end in sight. At the same time, the Glendale, Arizona City Council appears in no mood to open its wallet and assist those who wish to cut a favorable arena management deal with the city. The ultimate purpose of such an agreement is to keep the Coyotes in the Phoenix market ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- News Sentinel editor to lead library system's next book forum
Talk of climate change, overpopulation and a paralyzing political quagmire can be depressing, but what lessons can history teach?
June 10, 2013 - Knoxville News Sentinel
- Zbigniew Brzezinski in Antiwar.com
Brzezinski predicts "some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the US blamed on Iran; culminating in a 'defensive' US military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across...
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in AFP
You (the United States) cannot preserve your power over Iraq with a few tanks, artillery and weapons. Today, you are prisoners of your own quagmire. You have no choice but to accept the rights of the Iraqi people,Ahmadinejad said. "I can...
- Chuck Hagel in Guardian Unlimited
The president's strategy is taking America deeper and deeper into this quagmire with no exit strategy,said Hagel, the most vocal Republican critic of the war in Congress.