- v cause to run
- v move in large numbers
people were pouring out of the theater
- v pour out
- v flow in a spurt
- v supply in large amounts or quantities
- v rain heavily
Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!
- s flowing profusely
pouring flood waters
- After the Soviet invasion in 1979 she established schools and orphanages for refugees pouring over the border into Pakistan.
- Donations are pouring in to the Republican's campaign since Friday morning's announcement.
- He read by kerosene lamp and showered by pouring a bucket of freezing water over his head.
News & Articles
- News Summary: Flooding into floating-rate funds
SURGING POPULARITY: Investors worried about the prospect of rising interest rates are pouring into floating-rate mutual funds. They invest in corporate bank loans whose interest rates reset every few months, ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- 'The Sopranos' star James Gandolfini dies at 51
Tributes are pouring in from Hollywood to the city after actor James Gandolfini, best known for his starring role in "The Sopranos," died Wednesday in Italy. Neil Rosen filed the following report.
June 20, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Pouring the Foundation to the New Chenango Street Bridge
It's a messy job, but someone has to do it. On Tuesday, construction crews were pouring concrete for the footer of what will be the new Chenango Street Bridge. It's the bridge where I-81 and Rt.17 fly over Chenango Street. Currently, the portion of Chenango Street where the new bridge, next to the current one, is down to one lane. At times this summer, travelers could see that section of the ...
June 18, 2013 - FOX 40 Binghamton
- Jim Furyk in Forbes
I'm sure Kelly wishes she never said that,Jim Furyk said. "I haven't spoken with Tiger, but I've been told that they've had their talk and they've discussed it. Anything I say is kind of just like pouring salt in the wound at this point....
- Barack Obama in AFP
A lot of these measures are going to rest on one vote in the United States Senate,Obama said. "That's why the opponents of change and progress have been pouring money in."
- Ron Washington in ESPN
We were playing catch-up all night and couldn't do it,Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "They just kept pouring runs."