gushing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v gush forth in a sudden stream or jet
- v praise enthusiastically
- v issue in a jet; come out in a jet; stream or spring forth
- s flowing profusely
a gushing hydrant
- s uttered with unrestrained enthusiasm
- s extravagantly demonstrative
a large gushing female
- Blood was gushing from a fist-size bullet wound in King's right cheek.
- London blogger Devon Dudgeon created Five-Word Reviews to match the length of gushing excerpts in theater ads ("Don't miss! Moving and memorable").
- Indeed, after a handful of forgettable movies in the 1990s, Rai earned gushing reviews for her performances in last year's Devdas, for which she won seven Indian critic awards, and .
- David Cameron in Telegraph.co.uk
He said: "The point I made, particularly in the earlier phone call, is ...... yes of course, BP itself wants to pay for the clean-up, wants to stop the gushing of the oil into the Gulf, recognises it's going to have to pay money in respect of...
- David Vitter in The Associated Press
Today we learned that the containment system was damaged and had to be removed, leaving the well totally uncapped and gushing oil into the Gulf once again,said Republican Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana. "This is obviously a very...
- Rick Pitino in International Herald Tribune
These guys have bought into total team,Louisville coach Rick Pitino said. "We did it in the toughest year in the history of the Big East to sweep both. I'm gushing with pride."