- v portray in words
- v make a portrait of
- v assume or act the character of
- v represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture
The father is portrayed as a good-looking man in this painting
- s represented graphically by sketch or design or lines
- His numerous best-selling mystery novels about two Navajo policemen, Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee, portrayed the American Indians of the Southwest with accuracy, color and affection.
- MICHAEL BLOOMBERG, New York City mayor, on whether flying by helicopter wastes much energy; the self-portrayed national environment leader is taking a helicopter to a U2 concert at .
- MICHAEL BLOOMBERG, New York City mayor, on whether flying by helicopter wastes energy; the self-portrayed national environment leader took a helicopter to a U2 concert in New .
News & Articles
- Rob Lowe’s Uncanny Resemblance To Former President Turns Heads [Photo]
Rob Lowe certainly knows how to channel real life figures. In 2012 he portrayed murderer Drew Peterson in a TV movie for Lifetime. This time around Lowe is turning heads for his uncanny resemblance to former President John F. Kennedy in the National Geographic Channel TV movie Killing Kennedy. In the first look we see [...] Rob Lowe’s Uncanny Resemblance To Former President Turns Heads [Photo ...
June 13, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- He’s in the game
HARTFORD — Rap artists are often portrayed as aloof sorts who wear baggy pants and baseball caps pointed backward.
June 13, 2013 - Journal Inquirer
- NSA chief: Surveillance programs thwarted 'dozens of terrorist plots'
WASHINGTON -- The director of the National Security Agency portrayed the secret collection of millions of U.S. telephone records each day as a limited program designed to thwart terrorist plots, saying the agency does not search the data without a reasonable suspicion of a terrorist connection.
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- David Feherty in Seattle Times
Feherty, who has visited US troops in the Middle East, wrote: "Despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any US soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry...
- Nicolas Cage in CBC.ca
My real life role as goodwill ambassador will certainly be even more challenging and meaningful than those I have portrayed on screen,said Cage who is an advocate for Amnesty International.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama said he would expect the ex-president to campaign for his wife, but "I have been troubled ...... the degree to which my record is not accurately portrayed."