- v fertilize by transfering pollen
- Jacobsen concludes that a return to simpler times for example, before honey bees were pumped full corn syrup and bred to pollinate monocrops from California to Florida may .
- The survivors tend to be the versatile generalists--those that pollinate a variety.
- Or that man-made seeds might cross-pollinate with other plant species, with unknown and potentially devastating results.
News & Articles
- Whole Foods Imagines Produce Dept. Without Bees
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Whole Foods Market removed half its produce items at a store here to show what the department would look like if there were no bees to pollinate plants. read more
June 13, 2013 - Supermarket News
- Beekeeper Says Chemical Affecting His Business
Did you know that vegetables and fruits taste and look better when they come from plants pollinated by bees? YNN's Rose Eiklor reports on how a chemical used to treat corn seed is impacting a local beekeeper and how it could impact produce we buy.
June 12, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Massachusetts Beekeepers’ Association 2013 Field Day, University of Massachusetts Agronomy Farm, South Deerfield ...
The Massachusetts Beekeepers’ Association 2013 Field Day will take place Saturday, June 22, 2013 from 9:30 to 3:30PM at The University of Massachusetts Agronomy Farm, River Rd. South Deerfield, Massachusetts, United States. Honey bees pollinate approximately $10 billion worth of crops in the United States each year. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Tom Vilsack in Lexology (registration)
The survey will help regulators "better understand the factors threatening our honey bees so we can take effective action to protect them and the crops that they pollinate," stated USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack.
- George Poinar in BBC News
Professor Poinar added: "This fossil may help us understand when wasps, which were mostly just meat-eating carnivores, turned into bees that could pollinate plants and serve a completely different biological function."
- Garth Ancier in Variety
It makes great sense for us to cross-pollinate the TV sales business with our content and production arm,Ancier said.