- s characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
a point-blank accusation
- s close enough to go straight to the target
a point-blank shot
- r in a direct and unequivocal manner
I asked him point-blank whether he wanted the job
- At a Democratic fund raiser that fall, Opperman took the opportunity to collar Bill Clinton and, as Democratic officials told PTI, asked him point-blank, "Can you get the Justice .
- After a brief standoff, the rebels surrendered and then, according to Thai witnesses, were executed, shot at point-blank range.
- The commander, says Kagawa, is "going to tell you point-blank that 'we have a loyalty issue here, and if I give you a "no" for loyalty on your annual report, your career is over.
News & Articles
- ACC first-year players to watch
Few if any coaches will tell you point-blank this time of year which first-year players are likely to see the field and get a chance to contribute immediately, but there were a few hints across the ACC this spring. For some players, like Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston, the spotlight was unavoidable. For others, like Miami freshman linebacker Alex Figueroa, their success was more under ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Chain ends in victory for United
A simple delayed throw-in call set off an initially violent chain of events Sunday night at Exeter's Don Thomas Stadium. Playing to the unblown whistle, Reading United center back Damion Lowe cleared the ball off FA Euro-New York Magic striker Viktor Bakkioui's back from point-blank range.
June 10, 2013 - Reading Eagle
- Scott McClellan in International Herald Tribune
I was reluctant to do it,McClellan told the Democratic-led panel. "I got on the phone with Scooter Libby and asked him point-blank, 'Were you involved in this in any way?' And he assured me in unequivocal terms that he was not."
- Deron Williams in USA Today
There were some guys that were already on vacation,said Williams, who played through a sprained right foot two days after playing through a stomach ailment. "Point-blank. On vacation. A long time ago."
- Al Thornton in USA Today
We had to make them make tough shots, even though they had some point-blank looks they kind of missed,Thornton said. "Overall, we had to make them make some tough shots."