outspoken : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s given to expressing yourself freely or insistently
outspoken in their opposition to segregation
- s characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion
it is possible to be outspoken without being rude
- Malalai Joya has to travel with armed guards after her outspoken criticisms of Afghanistan's government.
- First ladies are usually kept in hiding, but one outspoken wife is causing big problems for Ahmadinejad.
- Libya's outspoken leader is holding more than a grudge against the Swiss.
News & Articles
- Kanye West Compares Himself to Michael Jordan and Steve Jobs, Doesn't Regret Cutting Off Taylor Swift
Kanye West is as outspoken as ever. Talking about his musical evolution in advance of June 18's release of his sixth solo album, Yeezus, the brash rapper gives an unrepentant...
June 12, 2013 - E! Online
- S.C. Medicaid Director Tony Keck talks Medicaid reform on Capitol Hill
One of Gov. Nikki Haley’s most outspoken Cabinet members had the ears of federal lawmakers Wednesday during a hearing on Medicaid reform on Capitol Hill.
June 12, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- The Rev. Bob Begin, outspoken longtime pastor of St. Colman Church, must retire despite his desire to stay: Michael K ...
The Rev. Bob Begin, outspoken pastor of St. Colman Catholic Church, is told by Bishop Richard Lennon that he must retire, despite his desire to remain in charge of the urban parish.
June 9, 2013 - The Sun Press
- Jeff Sessions in Times Record News
I know what happened at Harvard. I know you were an outspoken leader against the military policy,said Sessions, the committee's top Republican. "I know you acted without legal authority to reverse Harvard's policy and deny those military...
- Shonda Rhimes in Chicago Sun-Times
Rhimes, meanwhile, told reporters that Heigl's Izzie "is one of my favorite characters, so for me, [the comment] was surprising. But Katherine is an outspoken person, and I think we all know that already."
- Erik Vendt in Forbes
There's no way that's factual,American swimmer Erik Vendt said. "He's always been such an outspoken opponent against drugs."