- v be persistent, refuse to stop
- He says the Groups program inspired him to persevere.
- Still, we persevere and finally our crew of four arrives at a dirt path that leads to the tomb that is China's grandest memorial to the man who once led the "treasure fleet" of the .
- But Wang Dan believes there is much more to be done and so he will persevere in what he sees as the greatest mission of all: bringing democracy to China.
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Our nation is at war,Mr. Obama said. "We face a very tough fight in Afghanistan. But Americans don't flinch in the face of difficult truths or difficult tasks. We persist and we persevere."
- Philippe Douste-Blazy in International Herald Tribune
I encouraged Mr. Abbas to persevere in his efforts to quickly form a national unity government,Douste-Blazy told reporters Saturday evening as Abbas wrapped up his trip.
- Manmohan Singh in AFP
I can assure that we will continue down this road. We might do it gradually and in a manner which builds a consensus for economic and social change, but I assure you we will persevere,Singh said.