- n the human beings of a particular nation or community or ethnic group
the indigenous peoples of Australia
- n (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- n the body of citizens of a state or country
- n members of a family line
- n the common people generally
- v fill with people
- v furnish with people
- A British-Canadian millionaire, newspaper publisher and politician, Lord Beaverbrook, last week stated, in the simple terms of human instinct, the case of the peoples of the .
- All that, including the history of the peoples that have lived with us and among us, such as those who died in their hundreds of thousands within the walls of the Warsaw ghetto.
- The Peking People's Daily cheered on the modernization drive in evangelical rhythms: "The Chinese peoples's march toward the great goal of the Four Modernizations .
News & Articles
- Historical Society Sets 'Walk Through Time' in Peoples State Forest Saturday
BARKHAMSTED--The Barkhamsted Historical Society is inviting hikers and history buffs to take a “Walk Through Time” in Peoples State Forest along East River Road this Saturday, June 15.
June 14, 2013 - Litchfield County Times
- Peoples High students defy odds, graduate
Students come to Peoples High School in Vallejo for various reasons, often to overcome difficult situations.
June 13, 2013 - Vallejo Times-Herald
- Peoples LTD Declares Second Quarter Dividend
WYALUSING, Pa., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Peoples LTD, the parent company of PS Bank, has announced that the Board of Directors has declared a second quarter cash dividend in the amount of $0.36 per ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I believe that,Obama said. "The international community believes that. And right now, we are bearing witness to the Iranian peoples' belief in that truth, and we will continue to bear witness."
- Pope Benedict XVI in NEWS.com.au
By all means, we have to give hope that we shall restore the city, return all the refugees and create all conditions for that. I think the entire world will be helping us, because we two peoples have the goodwill to live in peace and friendship... Roza Otunbayeva http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Otunbayeva&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEc9dV5aMyuCeLMr5PT9Ngj7OTPKA CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/06/18/uzbekistan.kyrgyzstan.violence/%3Fhpt%3DSbin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQJJd9K-Sc1D-j2nnqtlQoRgS8Lw Jun 18, 2010
73396 98228 peoples In his first public comments since his arrival on Sunday, the Pope said the courageous decision to acknowledge the injustices committed against the indigenous peoples in the past" was closing the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous...