- v to join or unite the pieces of
- v provide with a patch; also used metaphorically
The field was patched with snow
- v mend by putting a patch on
- v repair by adding pieces
- s mended usually clumsily by covering a hole with a patch
- s having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
a field patched with ice and snow
- Once admitted, members are "patched," with the right to flaunt the gang's emblem on clothes or in fearsome tattoos on faces, shoulders and bodies.
- Meyssan defiantly dismisses the universally accepted version of the 911 tragedy as "a loony fable" patched together by the White House and the Defense Department "as one lie .
- To save Superman from this dilemma, plump, 27-year-old Superscriptman Jerry Siegel patched up a makeshift solution after Pearl Harbor.
News & Articles
- PRISM revelations continue: Microsoft bug access and court order workarounds
Fresh revelations about the NSA’s PRISM surveillance program continue to emerge, with Microsoft admitting it pre-notifies the government about potential bugs and backdoors in software before they’re patched, while lawmakers confirmed the security agency does not need a court order to sift through call data culled from Verizon and other carriers. Seemingly confirming the suggestions Read The Full ...
June 14, 2013 - SlashGear
- WWE Payback: Vince McMahon's Evil Genius and the Confusion Within the WWE
If you believe the relationship between Triple H and Vince McMahon was patched up in a “group hug” on Monday night, I have some prime real estate to sell you in the Everglades. There was nothing sincere about the segment between the owner of the WWE and his son-in-law, the COO of the company. The only great thing about that segment was being able to hug Stephanie McMahon Helmsley , which about ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jamie McMurray in The Associated Press
You can beat up on the racetrack, but if they could have repaved this between the 500 and now, they would have,McMurray said. "They've patched it and you hope that it's fixed. If there's a problem, they're going to have to address that,...
- Robert Gates in Reuters
Clearly the withdrawal of the Sunnis from the government is discouraging. My hope is it can all be patched back together,Gates said. "But the developments at the local level, I think, are more encouraging than I would have expected three...
- Vice President Dick Cheney in FOXNews
I thought he merited it at the time, and we've since, I think, patched over that wound and we're civil to one another now,Cheney said in the interview.