- n rewording for the purpose of clarification
- v express the same message in different words
- Q: paraphrase Do you think America has sometimes been a bully? BO: I think they're right that America has ignored the concerns of the international community, often times in very .
- Yet, to paraphrase Winston Churchill, never have so many watched so much TV with so little good to say about it.
- The speech of Secretary Hughes, which followed three days after that of the President, was largely a paraphrase of what the latter had said, but with much elaboration.
News & Articles
- New music director leading St. John Brebeuf in Niles
Marek Rachelski channels the wisdom of the late Pope John Paul II in describing music’s place in the Catholic Church. To paraphrase the religious leader, Rachelski said, “Music creates beauty, which serves the prayer, and prepares people for the grace and the sacraments they’ll receive.” As the new music director at St. John Brebeuf Church, Rachelski said it’s his duty to be a curator of ...
June 18, 2013 - Niles Herald-Spectator
- DevJuice: If you don't report the bug in the beta to Apple, it does not exist
To paraphrase some Apple employees: " Radar or GTFO." As many Apple persons are pointing out this week, unless you report bugs (called "radars") to Apple, you are doing nothing to improve the circumstances of which you complain. As Chris Rawson has pointed out repeatedly over the years , Apple's "beta" releases are what normal people would refer to as alpha. On a good day. If they're feeling ...
June 17, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- UFC 161 Aftermath: Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson are what we thought they were
To paraphrase the line that will follow former Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green to his grave, Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson are what we thought they were. The light heavyweight showdown at UFC 161, originally scheduled to be the co-feature bout, was bumped up to the main event at Winnipeg's MTS Centre when headliner of Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland fell out. If the fight had remained a co ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- Joe Biden in Foreign Policy
The last few years have seen a dangerous drift in relations between Russia and the members of our alliance,Biden said, referring to NATO. "It is time -- to paraphrase President Obama -- it's time to press the reset button and to revisit...
- Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington Post
To paraphrase Mark Twain,he said, "the reports about the demise of the special US-Israel relationship aren't just premature, they're just flat wrong."
- Roger Ebert in FOX News
To paraphrase a line from 'Raging Bull,' I ain't a pretty boy no more,Ebert wrote.