- n a medicine used to relieve pain
- Physicians, to whom morphine is familiar as the best painkiller known to medical science, and addicts, whom in the end it turns into pain-racked skeletons, found much interest in .
- Drug researchers have long searched for a painkiller as effective as morphine, without morphine's potent addictive powers.
- I'll give you some of this"--indicating a bottle of Ritalin stuffed into the front pocket of his backpack--"for some of that painkiller.
- Gideon Koren in Globe and Mail
It is shocking to think that an otherwise healthy toddler who needed an adenotonsillectomy died as a result of the prescribed painkiller,Dr. Koren said.
- Barack Obama in Washington Times
Then Mr. Obama adds, ruefully, "Maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller."
- Matthew McConaughey in Ecorazzi
We were jamming! She was sweating,McConaughey said. "No painkiller, let's go. She just clicked into that gear that only a woman has at a time like this. We'd been up for 40-something hours, and we went from dead tired to a really...