overrate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make too high an estimate of
- It's a sorry enough spectacle to make admirers of The Sixth Sense wonder if they didn't overrate that movie, and the director's whole oeuvre? Is Shyamalan a sham?.
- Critics routinely overrate movies that are indifferent examples of endangered genres that the critics loved when they were kids.
- Not, it appears, very much, and to call these paintings "visionary," as Cowart does, is to overrate them.
News & Articles
- Samsung slammed with downgrades as Galaxy S4 ‘marketing charm’ fades
It hasn’t taken long for Wall Street’s earlier irrational exuberance over Samsung’s prospects to turn into pessimistic doomsaying. Reuters reports that many formerly bullish analysts are openly admitting that they were caught up in the hype surrounding the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy S4, which caused them to overrate the company’s future earnings potential. Now they’re estimating Galaxy S4 sales ...
June 17, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Paul Goydos in USA Today
I don't think David wants my empathy, to be honest with you,Paul Goydos said. "He's a good man. He's well-read. He's smart. I think he's as happy as he's ever been in his life with his family situation. Sometimes, I think we overrate the...
- Elon Musk in Reuters (press release)
People tend to overrate risk on a personal level,Musk told an interviewer in 2008.
- Zydrunas Ilgauskas in SportingNews.com
You can't overrate this win,said center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who had 18 points and 11 rebounds. "It's a good win, but we've got a long way to go."