- n the expense of maintaining property (e.g., paying property taxes and utilities and insurance); it does not include depreciation or the cost of financing or income taxes
- n (computer science) the processing time required by a device prior to the execution of a command
- n (computer science) the disk space required for information that is not data but is used for location and timing
- n a transparency for use with an overhead projector
- n (nautical) the top surface of an enclosed space on a ship
- n a hard return hitting the tennis ball above your head
- a located or originating from above
an overhead crossing
- r above your head; in the sky
planes were flying overhead
- r above the head; over the head
bring the legs together overhead
- When values go up, up, up, And prices go down, down, down, Robert Hall this season Will show you the reason: Low overhead, Low overhead.
- But the administration of Medicare is a miracle of low overhead and a model, despite all the fraud and abuse, of what government can do right.
- What killed the Hotshot was its engine, a dual-overhead cam .
News & Articles
- Commercial Overhead & Loading Dock
Commercial Overhead & Loading Dock Equipment, Door Installers, and Service Technicians Needed in Pitt County and surrounding areas. Must be dependable, comfortable with heights, & have valid NCDL with a good driving record. 3-5 years experience required. Any Welding experience would be helpful.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- The RC Morning Report for June 12
Those overhead lines were gone this morning, the next step is for the pole to follow. Kurt Hildebrand photo
June 12, 2013 - The Record-Courier
- Food pantry, other ministries struggling with overhead costs
Overhead costs are eating the Bolivar Area Ministerial Alliance alive, Director Rick Lewis said, and could lead to reduced operation of the local Salvation Army’s food pantry.
June 11, 2013 - Bolivar Herald-Free Press
- Kathleen Sebelius in FOXNews (blog)
Policy holders in the individual market deserve to know if their premium increases would be invested in better medical care or insurance company overhead costs like salaries, profits, and advertising,Sebelius said.
- Marcus Giles in Forbes
It was a ball,Marcus Giles said after watching replays. "Judging by the overhead, it was about four to five inches. It hit the white line in the other batter's box. But, who knows? I don't really want to say any more about the calls...
- Dick Pound in International Herald Tribune
There will be a lot of overhead here,warned Dick Pound of Canada, who questioned whether the games would "get one more person" attracted to organized sport.