- a beneath the surface
subsurface materials of the moon
- Mars too could be home to similarly hearty subsurface life forms, as could two of Jupiter's other moons, Ganymede and Callisto.
- Chocolate-brown, oily, bubbling with subsurface gases, it oozes rather than flows.
- To Kuiper, this indicates that the subsurface was once in a fluid or plastic state, and that it solidified, causing the crater floor to level off.
News & Articles
- Atlantic Subsurface Imaging, LLC Now a Proud Member of the Common Ground Alliance
Atlantic Subsurface Imaging, LLC has become a premier provider of subsurface imaging and geophysical surveying. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10828391.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Life on Saturn's moon? How a mountain gave clues to a subsurface sea.
Saturn's icy moon Dione may hide a subsurface ocean, researchers say. They found clues to the hidden sea in the way a mountain range warped the surface of the frozen moon.
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Saturn's Moon Dione May Have Had Active Subsurface Ocean, Cassini Photos Suggest
The plain-looking Saturn moon Dione may have once had a geologically active subsurface ocean, new images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft reveal. Images of Dione 's 500-mile-long (800 kilometers) mountain Janiculum Dorsa suggest that the moon could have been a weaker copycat of Enceladus, Saturn's icy geyser moon.
June 10, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Bill Nelson in BusinessWeek
In the near term, it's a marker to encourage NOAA to go on and get all this coordinated in a plan,Nelson said. "NOAA ought to be the one that's at the point of the spear on research right now on the existence and the effects of subsurface...
- Steve Squyres in Indian Express
...Squyres of Cornell University in New York, the principal investigator for Opportunity and its twin rover, Spirit, underscored the potent synergies of the MRO and the rover working in tandem."We can see down to the subsurface of Mars,"...
- Linus Pauling in Houston Chronicle
Although federal officials "can't know everything about the subsurface," Pauling said they are confident the study was thorough.