overdressed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v dress too warmly
- v put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- s dressed too elaborately
- Minister Konitza, Bishop Noli and the three princesses chatted in Boston's Ritz-Carlton Hotel and next day the Moslem sisters, overdressed as usual, attended two Boston Albanian .
- Derval's principle is to present a lot of girls and a lot of spectacleso much spectacle indeed that he clearly has the most overdressed undressed show in the world.
- Chalabi was overdressed, in a clean tie and a pressed herring-bone blazer.
- Joe Biden in Yahoo! News
Folks, I apologize if I'ma little overdressed,said Joe Biden at a stop in Iowa. "I got in the plane -- I was meeting with President Talabani, you know, he's the Kurdish leader in Iraq, and I literally ran from that meeting in the Capitol."
- Isaac Hayes in CBS News
There was the time when Lily Tomlin, standing next to an outlandishly dressed Isaac Hayes cracked, "I'm hoping that I personally haven't overdressed for the occasion!"
- Zach Randolph in New York Daily News
Nobody told me what to wear,Randolph said that day. "I think I'm overdressed."