- v be or do something to a greater degree
- a leaving a place or a position
an outgoing steamship
- a retiring from a position or office
the outgoing president
- s at ease in talking to others
- Happily for all concerned, this time both the incoming and outgoing President appear inclined to play nicer than their predecessors did.
- Gagarin's humble upbringing and outgoing personality helped win him friends tooand fans.
- Although there are no outgoing messages, the watch can receive messages from your MSN Messenger buddies.
News & Articles
- Mountain Lakes Branch AAUW honors outgoing president
The Board of the Mountain Lakes Branch, American Association of University Women, recently honored Barbara Colwell of Rockaway, outgoing president, and awarded $7,000 in scholarships to two outstanding Morris County women. Shown, from left, are (seated) Karen Shumpert, Colwell, Carol Trapp; (standing) Laura Locklin, Candace Shanks, Ann McCarthy, Adrienne Lesser, Christina Jonas, and Sue Wagner.
June 12, 2013 - The Record
- Final city budget vote Monday
Outgoing City Manager Pat McCourt will present a $20 million tentative City budget to the Willcox City Council for final approval on Monday, June 17.
June 12, 2013 - Arizona Range News
- PRINCETON: University holds 266th commencement
Outgoing Princeton University President Shirley M. Tilghman on Tuesday urged the graduates in the class of 2013 to follow a path of service as they embark on their careers.
June 12, 2013 - The Princeton Packet
- David Cameron in CTV.ca
Compared to a decade ago, this country is more open at home and more compassionate abroad and that is something we should all be grateful for,Cameron said. "And on behalf of the whole country, I would like to pay tribute to the outgoing...
- Lady Bird Johnson in International Herald Tribune
Lady Bird Johnson said her husband "bullied, shoved, pushed and loved me into being more outgoing, more of an achiever. I gave him comfort, tenderness and some judgment - at least I think I did."
- Mitch McConnell in International Herald Tribune
It ended up running off the track, not because of the incoming administration, because of the outgoing administration,Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said pointedly Wednesday.