- a in operation or operational
left the oven on
the switch is in the on position
- a (of events) planned or scheduled
the picnic is on, rain or shine
we have nothing on for Friday night
- r with a forward motion
we drove along admiring the view
the horse trotted along at a steady pace
the circus traveled on to the next city
- r indicates continuity or persistence or concentration
his spirit lives on
shall I read on?
- r in a state required for something to function or be effective
turn the lights on
get a load on
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
I don't make this decision based on any difference in policy with General McChrystal,the president said.
- Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero in CBSSports.com
Environment and Fisheries Minister, Elena Espinosa, added "I shall be at the European Council of Ministers and I shall be asking for a [fishing] ban on Paul the octopus so the Germans do not eat him".
- Stan Van Gundy in AFP
It's gotten ridiculous,Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59...