- r with a forward motion
we drove along admiring the view
the horse trotted along at a steady pace
- r in accompaniment or as a companion
his little sister came along to the movies
I brought my camera along
working along with his father
- r to a more advanced state
the work is moving along
well along in their research
hurrying their education along
getting along in years
- r in addition (usually followed by `with')
we sent them food and some clothing went along in the package
along with the package came a bill
consider the advantages along with the disadvantages
- r in line with a length or direction (often followed by `by' or `beside')
pass the word along
ran along beside me
cottages along by the river
- Iran is building a bulwark along its border with Pakistan to stop illegal crossings.
- Incongruous messages dot the strip malls along busy Route 32, which bisects Clermont County.
- And now the colossus of Ptolemy II, along with other underwater finds including a bust of a Ptolemaic queen represented as Isis and an obelisk from the time of Seti I, King of .
News & Articles
- Along the Lakeshore: June 12
Along the Lakeshore column from the June 12 edition of the Skaneateles Press.
June 12, 2013 - Skaneateles Press
- Dispatchers: 18-wheeler hits, kills man walking along interstate
A pedestrian walking along a mountain interstate was killed in an accident involving an 18-wheeler Wednesday morning, according to the North Carolina Highway Patrol. Dispatchers say calls about the Buncombe County accident began coming in just after 6 a.m. The accident happened at the 35.3 mile marker in the westbound lanes of Interstate 26 near the Blue Ridge Parkway, about two miles west of ...
June 12, 2013 - WYFF 4 Greenville
- Thousands evacuated along Germany's Elbe River as high waters surge north
BERLIN â€ Thousands of homes are being evacuated along Germany's Elbe River as waters threaten to break through levees protecting several north German towns.
June 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Pope Benedict XVI in Boston Globe
He said that in admitting and training men for the priesthood, "We will do everything we can to weigh the authenticity of their vocation and make every effort to accompany priests along their journey, so that the Lord will protect them and watch...
- President Bush in Independent
In his remarks, Mr Bush said: "Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along."
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
With these sanctions-along with others-we are striking at the heart of the Iranian government's ability to fund and develop its nuclear programs,Mr. Obama said at a White House ceremony.