oldtimer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service
- n an elderly man
- Less than five months after it opened, the 250 room, $5 million Royal Nevada was losing so much money that it was being taken over by the Desert Inn, a comparative oldtimer.
- Said one laconic oldtimer: "Well, they wanted a closed shop-and they got it.
- With cunning change of pace and the control of an oldtimer, the green-as-grass rookie shut out the Indians 2-to-0.
News & Articles
- Bass being caught among trees on Barren River Lake
GLASGOW — Barren River Lake is back down to within a couple of feet of summer pool and fishing has been good there. Some of my Oldtimer friends were finding bass back in the trees and grass and throwing shallow running crank baits.
June 13, 2013 - The Glasgow Daily Times
- Driving A Modern Classic Means You Can Play With The Legends
It's been a while since the last time I told you about my Autobianchi A112, but last weekend, my tiny modern classic played with the big boys on a sunny afternoon in Budapest. The Oldtimer Sokadalom is an annual gathering of classics and youngtimers, which is the category my 1985 Autobianchi A112 falls into. That's one of the reasons I bought it. Now I can participate in these events, and people ...
June 12, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Triple H in SLAM! Sports
I hate to sound like an oldtimer, but sometimes I get upset about the young guys,says Triple H. "We've got guys like Arn Anderson, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat and Michael Hayes around. That's a wealth of knowledge ...... and they still...