old-timer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an experienced person who has been through many battles; someone who has given long service
- n an elderly man
- When a dozen former White House chiefs of staff met for breakfast a month after the election to give the incoming guy some advice, the old-timer among them had some special .
- By Internet standards, Tom Hadfield is an old-timer.
- A few have been there longer, but after twenty years I'm an old-timer.
News & Articles
- WATCH: Lauren Conrad Claims She's an 80-Year-Old Woman on 'Chelsea Lately'
Lauren Conrad is many things to many people: former The Hills reality TV star, fashion designer, and one-time fling of Laguna Beach heartthrob Stephen Colletti . But, as this month's Marie Clarie cover girl dishes to Chelsea Lately guest host Ross Mathews , she's also a pretty big old-timer at heart. "My friends make fun of me because I collect teacups and saucers," she said. "Inside I'm like 80 ...
June 11, 2013 - Zimbio
- Dodgers Take On Yankees In Their 1st Old-Timer’s Game Since 1995
The Los Angeles Dodgers will host their first Old-Timer's game since 1995 Saturday evening at Dodgers Stadium.
June 8, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Are More Old Timers Days in Baseball's Future?
For the first time since 1999, two baseball teams will be celebrating an Old-Timers Day (OTD). For the last 14 years, the Yankees alone have spent the time and money to the honor their elders. This year, the Dodgers will be joining them, with a game to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Dodgers beating the Yankees in the 1963 World Series. Their opponent will be a select group of old-timer ...
June 8, 2013 - Forbes
- Don Newcombe in SI.com
I just feel like this is a huge dividend for an old-timer,said Newcombe, the longtime director of community relations for the Dodgers.
- Joel Quenneville in USA Today
I had to smile when they announced it,Colorado coach Joel Quenneville said. "He grabbed his back like an old-timer. I give him credit for that."
- Donovan in Blinq (blog)
At 46, I'm an old-timer,Donovan said. "The generations have changed. The Cold War is a distant memory, if it's a memory at all, for our players, for this generation."