- s (especially of clothing) made in standard sizes and available from merchandise in stock
- The non-enterprise system has bred an underground elite: the hard-to-find specialists who can make brand-new shoes wearable, alter off-the-peg suits and dresses so that they have a .
- In March they will plunge into off-the-peg.
- The first off-the-peg tux appeared around World War I, and tails were dusted off mostly for coronations.
News & Articles
- On Iran, Obama's bigger challenge is with his allies
By Mark Leonard The things that probably keep Barack Obama up at night — terrorist networks, covert nuclear programs and chemical weapons — can often be countered with off-the-peg reasoning: drones, sanctions, inspections, or even the threat of intervention. Much more difficult is working out how to stop allies from destroying what he hopes will be the signature achievement of his second term: a ...
Oct. 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News