novelty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n originality by virtue of being refreshingly novel
- n originality by virtue of being new and surprising
- n a small inexpensive mass-produced article
- n cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- He recently opened a four-month engagement playing novelty compositions and pop classics at the posh Carlyle Hotel in New York City.
- If so, you are probably what psychologists call a "novelty seeker.
- TV's most philosophical entertainment--or most entertaining work of philosophy--piled on plot curlicues like the toppings on an oversize novelty sundae.
News & Articles
- Sale of novelty lighters could be banned in NY
The sale of novelty lighters shaped like toys, guns and cartoon characters could soon be banned... - 2:52 pm
June 14, 2013 - Press & Sun-Bulletin
- Deputies: Adult novelty store selling synthetic pot
Sauk County deputies say an adult novelty store in the town of Delton has been selling synthetic marijuana. Deputies used a search warrant to enter Cupid’s Novelties and Lingerie, at County Road BD, on Thursday after the Sauk County Drug Task Force conducted an investigation into the business. Officers recovered synthetic marijuana, being sold as “potpourri,” drug paraphernalia for the smoking ...
June 14, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- State Senate approves novelty lighter ban
ALBANY — Novelty cigarette lighters that look like toys may soon be illegal to sell in New York State.
June 13, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Johnny Depp in Straits Times
Whenever I was getting frustrated about being 'novelty boy' and making movies, I told myself, 'Calm down'. I can come down here and disappear,Depp told celebrity website Bang Showbiz.
- Harvey Weinstein in Forbes
Harvey Weinstein said disappointing returns for "Grindhouse" resulted from the "novelty in America of releasing a double bill and asking an audience to make a three-hour commitment."
- Leonard Maltin in Washington Post
What we see all over our TV screens today originated in large part in that movie,film historian Leonard Maltin told the Los Angeles Times on Friday. "It was a novelty then, deglamorizing Hollywood's depiction of crime-solving, taking it...