- n a V-shaped indentation
- n the location in a range of mountains of a geological formation that is lower than the surrounding peaks
- n a V-shaped or U-shaped indentation carved or scratched into a surface
there were four notches in the handle of his revolver
- n a small cut
- v cut or make a notch into
notch the rope
- v notch a surface to record something
- Ninotchka: Garbo, who plays her first full-length comedy with iron, Bolshevik disregard for glamor, succeeds in the difficult task of making her tight-lipped fanaticism funny .
- The Federal Reserve Board pulled in another notch in the nation's credit belt last week.
- He knew that many fellow salesmen don't notch their first score until their second week.
News & Articles
- Bradman and Russell Power Team STX Past Maverik United in 2013 LXM Pro Tour Opener
Rookies Tim Desko and Peter Baum both notch goals in professional debut. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/STX/LXMPRO/prweb10824660.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Budget vote manipulated by outside organization
No school district is perfect, but for many years Clarence has been about as close as possible. For decades the town has enjoyed top-notch schools at reasonable tax rates.
June 12, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- The 500-Calorie-Burning Treadmill Workout
Weight loss on your mind? Kick it up a notch with this 41-minute treadmill interval workout that will burn around 500 calories. Complete it five times in a week and you are well on your way to burning an extra 3,500 calories - the magic number to lose one pound in a week . Not too difficult, right? Continue reading to see this 500-calorie-burning interval workout
June 11, 2013 - PopSugar
- Danny Ainge in USA Today
I have a great deal of respect for all : the top-notch free agents,Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge said. "Whatever happens, I know that it's going to be a challenge. The East is going to be stronger."
- Pat Burrell in Washington Post
I think the guy just geared it up a notch,Burrell said.
- Venus Williams in International Herald Tribune
I didn't want the same trend to keep happening,Venus said. "So I climbed a tiny little notch up. It's 2-5. Still behind, but I'm working on it."