noodle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a ribbonlike strip of pasta
- n informal terms for a human head
- A late bloomer invented the instant noodles that fueled the Asian Miracle.
- The noodle factory employs 3,500 and estimates its annual sales at $50 million.
- A Japanese instant-noodle inventor's skillful mix of flour, oil and a little salt and MSG has redefined the way the world eats.
News & Articles
- Momofuku’s 4th of July Baskets; Zakary Pelaccio’s Lamb Spit-Roast
• Celebrate the Fourth in style with a to-go basket from Momofuku Noodle Bar or Ssäm Bar . Noodle Bar's is $250, Ssäm Bar's is $350, and they both feed eight to ten people. [Grub Street] • Toy , the club and restaurant from the Koch twins and the management of China Grill, has "outgrown" the Gansevoort Meatpacking Hotel, and will relocate in the fall. It's closing the doors after a relocation ...
June 26, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Healthy noodle craving option
Since tofu shirataki noodles hit local shelves just a few years ago, they've moved out of the Asian groceries and Health Food stores and into mainstream markets. That's because everybody likes them. What's not to like about a bouncy, springy white noodle
June 25, 2013 - The San Angelo Standard-Times
- CHeU Noodle Bar: Intriguing, tasty ramen
'I'm not a huge ramen eater," is the kind of thing I hear more often lately. Some Philadelphians, finally presented with their long-awaited ramen renaissance, simply get timid upon discovering that the more authentic bowls of noodle soup being served at NomNom or Terakawa are far more intense than the "Oriental Flavor" insta-noodles they subsisted on in college for 50 cents a pack.
June 24, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Lindsay Lohan in Oneindia
When Ronson was flying to Singapore, Lindsay wrote on her Twitter page: "Missing a certain someone after a massage and chicken noodle soup...... U (she) knows. Cuddle time soon I hope - fly safe."
- Elvis Costello in FMQB
Calling himself an "unreliable correspondent," Costello says the unusual title is "is a tribute to Momofuku Ando, the inventor of the Cup Noodle. Like so many things in this world of wonders, all we had to do to make this record was add water."
- Colt McCoy in ESPN
I could throw the ball,McCoy said. "I just had no idea where it was going. I could feel all my fingers except my thumb. My arm felt like a noodle."