dome : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a concave shape whose distinguishing characteristic is that the concavity faces downward
- n informal terms for a human head
- n a stadium that has a roof
- n a hemispherical roof
- Four men only moderately skillful with tools can put up an average dome in about eight hours.
- Kahn, author of Domebook One, a basic dome dweller text, says: "Leaking is the dome's biggest drawback.
- Each corner of a facet on the dome represents a possible solution to the equation.
News & Articles
- Videotron coming to Kibbie Dome
The Kibbie Dome is getting a makeover this fall, this time focusing on fan experience. The university will install a 30-foot by 50-foot video board on the east wall of the Kibbie Dome, moving the ...
June 12, 2013 - The Argonaut
- 'Under the Dome': Natalie Zea is Maxine, a 'wholly new invention' not in the book
Natalie Zea, recently of "The Following" and "Justified," was revealed Monday (June 10) to be going "Under the Dome" later this summer, as first reported by TV Guide. Zea will first appear in episode 9 -- but where did she come from?Showrunner Neal Baer teases that while there aren't any new people getting into the dome, "that doesn't mean there might not be somebody hiding out." And if you ...
June 11, 2013 - Zap2It
- Capitol Dome project links to Teller County
With gold mined in Teller County, the Capitol Dome in Denver is being restored with a donation of 72 ounces of gold from the Cripple Creek & Victor Mining Co.
June 10, 2013 - Pikes Peak Courier View
- Michael Vick in New York Times
It was as loud as it gets in the Dome,said Vick, who teared up on the bus ride over to the stadium. "I heard the chants all through the stadium and it sent chills down my spine. They were just letting me know that people still appreciate...
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
In many parts of DC you can look down the street and see the Capitol dome, and yet so many of these streets couldn't be more disconnected from our government,Obama said during a 2007 campaign appearance in the district.
- CC Sabathia in SI.com
It's stupid. It's crazy,Indians pitcher CC Sabathia said. "We should definitely be starting somewhere else, definitely on the West Coast or somewhere with a dome so this doesn't happen."