nodding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v express or signify by nodding
- v lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation
- v let the head fall forward through drowsiness
The old man was nodding in his chair
- v sway gently back and forth, as in a nodding motion
the flowers were nodding in the breeze
- v be almost asleep
The old man sat nodding by the fireplace
- s having branches or flower heads that bend downward
- Clips of him nodding yes had been spliced into the videotape after statements with which he remembers disagreeing.
- It's easy to sit here today nodding about the power of electrified commerce.
- Under the spring sun of the rolling farmlands around the northwestern Illinois town of Mount Carroll, tiny Shimer College wears a mask of nodding tranquillity.
News & Articles
- Dozing alternate juror gets Twitter buzzzz-ing
Boston’s horrific tale of gangland murder, with all its bizarre plot twists, apparently wasn’t riveting enough to keep a young alternate juror from nodding off as James “Whitey” Bulger’s trial got underway yesterday.
June 13, 2013 - Boston Herald
- A tale of Miami and its mob back for 2d season
MIAMI - Mitch Glazer and half a dozen of his buddies were sitting in a booth at Wolfie's Restaurant in Miami Beach one afternoon in the late 1960s, chattering and laughing and generally being teenage loudmouths, when a waitress walked over to ask them to keep it down. They did, for a moment, but soon the volume dialed back up. The waitress returned. Nodding to a white-haired man a few tables ...
June 13, 2013 - Philly.com
- David Moyes in Sportinglife.com
Moyes said: "There were a few heads nodding but it took great bottle and courage for James Vaughan and Jagielka to go up. But the fans made that a special semi-final. I thought Everton's supporters were raucous and gave this stadium deserved...
- Noel Gallagher in Metro
Noel said: "I was in my leather jacket, nodding 'You'll be all right - just get it out before Soccer AM finishes'. I think the worst thing is that you don't have any specific role. You just stand there and nod."