- n the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds)
- v shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain
- s showing sorrow
- s having branches or flower heads that bend downward
the pendulous branches of a weeping willow
- While a weeping Rachel Kingsley listened, he recalled how she often came home drunk and kept a stash of marijuana "in a brown box on a table in the living room.
- Ashen-faced and weeping, ten-year-old Natalia Lulova sat dejectedly in a Manhattan law office last week while her mother stroked her hair, consoling her.
- Kirshbaum is weeping all the way to the bank: Rules II is already under way.
News & Articles
- 17-year-old Moorhead boy gets 3.5 months in work camp for fatal crash
MOORHEAD - Jamie Olson spoke loud and clear over the weeping teenagers assembled in a Clay County courtroom Monday as she told the standing-room- only crowd about the day her 17-year-old son died.
June 10, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Washing the Vietnam Veterans Memorial helps vets deal with their combat experiences
Bruce Deisinger is weeping.He is weeping and he is touching the Vietnam Veterans Memorial for the first time.He extends his right arm — the one that still carries a hunk of shrapnel from a Vietnamese rocket-propelled grenade — and runs his fingers over one particular name on the memorial...
June 9, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Miss Unsafe Brakes 1939 Looks A Little Anorexic There
Come on, Miss Unsafe Brakes , have a sandwich or something! You're in 1939 Chicago, for weeping audibly, have a nice big deep-dish hot dog cheesesteak hoagie or whatever it is they eat there. I swear I can see your sternum behind that sash. And, in case you're wondering, this picture was taken at the 1939 Chicago Auto Show, where, if I'm understanding everything, unsafe brakes were being touted ...
June 7, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Desmond Tutu in Independent Online
Our world is facing problems - poverty, HIV and Aids - a devastating pandemic, and conflict,Tutu said. "God must be weeping looking at some of the atrocities that we commit against one another. In the face of all of that, our Church,...
- Oprah Winfrey in USA Today
We were all sitting around the table, and I was asking Sidney Poitier to tell some of the life stories from his book. And let me tell you, everybody at the table was weeping,Winfrey said. "I was sitting there thinking, I wish everybody...
- Stephen Colbert in Washington Post
I want to say to my supporters, this is not over,Colbert said. "While I may accept the decision of the Council, the fight goes on! The dream endures! ...... And I am going off the air until I can talk about this without weeping."