niner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
- s denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
- Ford, a slinky five-foot-niner with a head as smart as his strokes are slick, is the fair-haired boy of Coach Bob Kiphuth's Yale team.
- The late Senator George Hearst, father of William Randolph, grizzly forty-niner, poker player, breeder of race horses and cattle, owned a little newspaper, the San Francisco .
- In No Name dwell a miner, forty-niner (Lee Marvin), and his partner (Clint Eastwood).
- John F Kennedy Jr in Reuters India
Caldwell ground, Saratoga niner two five three November, ready to taxi with mike at airbound right turnout northeastbound,Kennedy told ground controllers at the Essex County, New Jersey, airport where he began an ill-fated flight to Cape Cod...
- Cooper Brannan in Arizona Republic
Well, if I could, I'd really like to wear Number 9,Brannan said, chuckling into the telephone. "That's my nickname now. My friends all call me Niner because I have nine fingers. Nine would be cool."
- Travis LaBoy in Marin Independent-Journal
They had no spots for me,LaBoy said. "Of course, I would have loved to have played for them, my hometown team. I grew up a Niner fan but I'm very happy playing in Arizona."