nine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
- n a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together
- n one of four playing cards in a deck with nine pips on the face
- s denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
- When one of the nine failed his service-aptitude test, the other eight insisted that the corps must take all or none.
- The story of the Nano started nine months ago, when Jobs and his team took a look at the iPod Mini and decided they could make it better.
- William Howard Taft, the last American president with facial hair, famously said that "every time I make an appointment, I create nine enemies and one ingrate.
- David Duval in Globe and Mail
I think that is a goal in your career, to break 60,he said. "When I look back and I'm not playing anymore ...... I've got 10 holes-in-one. I've got three double-eagles. Fifty-nine is one of those things I'm going to look at and say,...
- Tiger Wood in The Associated Press
It's a process,Woods said. "You have to just build. All the Opens I've won, I've had one stretch of nine holes where I put it together."
- David Cameron in BusinessWeek
We can't be there for another five years, having been there for nine years already,he told Sky News television.