newcomer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any new participant in some activity
- n a recent arrival
he's a newcomer to Boston
- SearchMe isn't the only visual search engine rivals include the meta-search site KartOO and newcomer Viewzi (which was still in private beta as of June 2008) but its clean .
- You can also try newcomer Kayak.
- Daley, according to his brother Bill, told Obama that just because Rush had been creamed for the mayoralty didn't mean he could be dethroned by a newcomer.
- Leslie Caron in BBC News
I think I was nominated in 1951 for the most promising newcomer. I'm glad I finally realised my potential,Caron said.
- Mark Regev in International Herald Tribune
He's listening, but he's not coming as a newcomer,Regev said.
- Mitt Romney in Forbes
I'm outworking them. That's what I'm going to do,Romney said of his opponents. "They have the advantage of long-term name recognition and political history, and I'm a relative newcomer. I'm a come-from-behind guy. I'm doing my best to...