- n a surrounding or nearby region
- n people living near one another
- Iraqi Shiite militiaman take cover a gun battle with government forces in Basra's Al-Jumhuriyah neighbourhood on March 28, 2008.
- But Christiania sits on prime real estate in Copenhagen's upmarket Christenhaven neighbourhood, and Denmark's conservative government wants to reclaim the territory for an .
- Shortly before the curfew went into effect, explosions shook the Eastern Baghdad neighbourhood of Zaiyouna, and residents reported seeing a large cloud of smoke rising from a Sunni .
News & Articles
- Atrocious conditions in Bangladesh tanneries
Despite working 12 hours a day and exposing herself to toxic chemicals, 55-year old Taslima Begum, a tannery worker in Hazaribagh, an industrial neighbourhood in Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, earns just US$40 per month.
June 7, 2013 - IRIN
- Antonio Villaraigosa in Sydney Morning Herald
The latest figures that we have is, there's somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10 to 15 fatalities,Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa told reporters. "That's probably the most serious train wreck to occur here in a very long time."
- Joe Lieberman in Times of India
On balance, I think it was a mistake, because it sent a message to the Afghans, to the Taliban, to people in the neighbourhood that we're going to leave, regardless. And that's not the fact,Lieberman told the Fox News.
- Michael Steele in The Malaysian Insider
It's time for something completely different and we're going to bring it to them,Steele said. "We're going to bring this party to every corner, to every boardroom, to every neighbourhood, to every community. And we're going to say to...