negro : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa)
- s relating to or characteristic of or being a member of the traditional racial division of mankind having brown to black pigmentation and tightly curled hair
News & Articles
- Source: Vinnie Del Negro could fill need
Now that the NBA’s prime coaching pool is shrinking by the day as Doc Rivers contemplates his Celtics future, Danny Aing e has no choice but to consider a backup plan if his coach of the last nine seasons leaves. Two league sources with direct knowledge of the situation confirmed yesterday that if Rivers does indeed leave, former Clippers coach Vinnie Del Negro will receive serious consideration ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Herald
- UNCF looks to raise $1.7 million
The United Negro College Fund is trying to raise $1.7 million by March 31.
June 13, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- Fired NBA coaches Hollins, Karl, Del Negro went 57 percent ATS
The Memphis Grizzlies made Lionel Hollins the third NBA coach to lose his job after leading their team to the playoffs, joining former Denver Nuggets coach George Karl and L.A. Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro in the unemployment line this summer. H...
June 12, 2013 - Covers.com
- Harry Reid in Iowa Independent
According to a book chronicling the campaign, Reid said he country "was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama - a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.'"
- Odetta Holmes in Kansas City Star
Odetta called on her fellow blacks to "take pride in the history of the American Negro" and was active in the civil rights movement.
- Baron Davis in FOXNews
Clippers point guard Baron Davis, who is overseas, said in a statement, "Coach Del Negro gets his teams to play hard and play together, and that's what we need. He is a former player who is not too far removed from the game, and I'm looking forward...